It's been a while...
Published on 8th May 2014
It's been a few months since my last blog post, and it now feels the right time to start writing again.
So what have I been up to?
- Taking a well-earned rest. 2013 was a very busy year, working for Sift Media during the day and working on side projects by night. I read a couple of great articles by Scott Boms and Laura Kalbag and decided a break was definitely due.
- Improving my SASS knowledge. At first I was unsure/scared about using CSS pre-processors. Was there a need? Did it make much difference?. I can safely say after 9 months of using SASS in my workflow I would never write CSS any other way.
- Learning Phaser HTML5 game framework I have always wanted to make games, and this framework has a lot of support and tutorials. I will blog about progress and games made in the future.
- Writing a lightweight boilerplate I wanted to create an un-bloated mobile-first starter framework for my projects using SASS. I will put the project code on GitHub in the next few months.
- Site redesign & build I wanted to test my new framework out so decided the first project it would be used on is a fresh redesign and build of my personal site.